Reporting an Incident

If you were the victim of a sexual assault or you know that an incident has occurred while in the custody of the Hardin County Sheriff or any other law enforcement agency, you should report it to the Hardin County Sheriff's Office.

Prison Rape Elimination Act Coordinator Contact

If you wish to report an incident, please contact:
Deb Mesch
PREA Coordinator

Information to Include When Reporting

If requested, your anonymity will be protected to the extent possible. At minimum, please include the following in your report:
  • Incident
  • Name of the victim
  • Name(s) of the suspect(s)
  • Time and date of the abuse
  • Personal contact information

Alternative Reporting Options

In the alternative, you may contact any police or law enforcement agency to report a sexual abuse, assault, or harassment incident.

PREA Documents