Accident Reports

An accident occurring anywhere within the State of Iowa causing death, personal injury, or total property damage of $1,500 or more must be reported on an Iowa Accident Report Form (PDF).

If an accident is investigated by the Hardin County Sheriff’s Office, such a report is not required as the Sheriff’s Office will submit the information.

Potential Suspension of Driving Privileges

Failure to return an accident report form within 72 hours may result in suspension of your driving privileges. Note; you must attempt to completely fill out this report.

Get the Iowa Accident Report Form

You may obtain a copy of the Iowa Accident Report form online (PDF), or physically at:
Hardin County Sheriff’s Office
1116 14th Avenue
Eldora, IA 50627