Military Service Records

Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Hardin County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes. 

Requesting a Certified Copy

If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the Application for Military Record (PDF).

You may request the military record in person at the Courthouse or through the mail. Please include a photo copy of your driver’s license, if mailing, and send the request to:
DD214 Sample Form
Hardin County Recorder's Office
1215 Edgington Ave.
Suite 4
Eldora, IA 50627

Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued.


There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.