Please view this important order from the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) regarding the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The following information was provided by Iowa Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (IAVOAD).
COVID-19 in Iowa
- Coronavirus.iowa.gov is the central location for all state government information and provides links to information on other agency sites. Another great resource is the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website. A public hotline has been established for Iowans with questions about COVID-19. The line is available 24/7 by calling 2-1-1 or 1-800-244-7431.
- Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH)
National COVID-19 Information
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Information for Employers and Workers
- Please see the website for filing unemployment insurance: https://www.iowaworkforcedevelopment.gov/file-claim-unemployment-insurance-benefits If you have any questions about your claim, or are unable to file online, please call the customer service line at 1-866-239-0843.
- Please see this website with updates and information for employers and employees impacted by COVID-19.
More Information for Businesses
- You can find out more information and FAQs for employers on the website here.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) updated criteria on states for requesting disaster assistance loans for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. To find out if your small business is eligible, visit the Disaster Loan Assistance website.
- Financial Resources Available for Businesses During the COVID-19 Crisis
Iowa Department of Transportation (IDOT)
Notice: Please see the Iowa DOT’s information on services, restrictions, and requirements regarding COVID-19. We are currently still providing services to our customers at Iowa DOT service centers, county offices may be closed. But we are asking you to make an appointment first. Schedule an appointment at an Iowa DOT service center. Some services such as renewals, address changes, and certified copies of your driving record are available online, depending on individual eligibility. Some county locations are closing or limiting their services - you will need to check their website for more information. Find your county’s contact information.
- Schedule Appointment at DOT Service Center
- DOT Online Services for renewals, address changes, driving record copies.
- Hardin County Drivers License Web Page
- DOT information on services, restrictions, and requirements regarding COVID-19.
COVID-19 Rumors vs. Facts
- Social media can be very helpful to prevent feelings of isolation and to keep connected with loved ones. Yet, news and information posted on social media regarding COVID-19 are not vetted for facts and as a result there is a lot of misinformation about the virus and the social and economic impacts. Iowa agencies are working hard to vet information as it comes in to make sure Iowans have the best information available.The Iowa Department of Public Health is a source of the most up-to-date health information for Iowans. Citizens with questions should visit the site.
- FEMA has a coronavirus rumor control website that dispels some of the myths surrounding the coronavirus.
- Safeguard Iowa has answers to questions for businesses to help dispel rumors and confusion for Iowa businesses and their employees.
As communities and businesses roll back the work force to essential workers, it can be confusing if your job or a family member’s job is considered essential. The Department of Homeland Security has an infographic to explain how essential critical infrastructure worker categories are defined.
Childcare Center Openings
The Department of Human Services website has a map of daycare centers and openings.
The need for volunteers has increased as more Iowans are impacted by Covid-19. Volunteer Iowa has an updating list of volunteer needs throughout the state.
There are resources available for groups to help provide messaging to the public on COVID-19. Visit this section of the IDPH website for links to flyers, posters, social media posts, and public service announcements.