The Hardin County Board of Supervisors will be appointing persons interested in serving on several County Boards and Commissions. At their organizational meeting on January 2, 2019, the Board of Supervisors will make appointments, or re-appointments, to the following:
- County Conservation Board. (One, five-year term) This Board is responsible for establishing policies, conservation programming, and maintaining conservation lands in Hardin County. They generally meet the second Monday of each month.
- County Board of Health. (Two, three-year terms) The Board of Health is responsible for setting public health policy and enforcing public health laws. They meet every other month with additional meetings as needed.
- Mental Health/Developmental Disabilities (MH/DD) Advisory Board. (Four, three-year terms) This Advisory Board assists in development and review of the County Mental Health Plan, and in carrying out the Plan’s goals and objectives. They meet at least quarterly throughout the year.
- Zoning Commission. (One, five-year term) This Board prepares the comprehensive plan and zoning ordinances, and provides recommendations on proposed changes in zoning, and reviews and updates planning and zoning documents. They meet as needed.
- Zoning Adjustment Board. (One, five-year term) The Board considers appeals, requests for zoning variances, and special permits. They meet as needed.
- Board of Condemnation. (Twenty-eight, one-year terms) This Board is composed of seven business people, seven real estate people, seven farmers, and seven property owners. They meet when necessary to set land values in condemnation proceedings.
- Pioneer Cemetery Commission. (Two, three-year terms) This Commission shall identify all sights in Hardin County that meet the definition of a Pioneer Cemetery, and be responsible for their preservation, repair, and maintenance. They meet monthly during the summer months.
Anyone interested in serving on these boards and commissions is asked to complete Application for Appointment to Boards, Commissions and Committees.
The application must be returned to the Auditor’s Office by 4:30 PM on November 30, 2018. For more information you may contact the Board of Supervisors at 641-939-8219 or email the Board Secretary.
Applicants may be interviewed. Hardin County recruits for gender-balanced Boards and Commissions.